To post an event in Get Connected:
- Log into Get Connected and go to the agency manager area by clicking the Manage Agency button at the top of your screen.
By default, you will be taken to the Edit tab of the agency manager view.
- Click Events to open the event-posting form.
- Click Add New Event to open the Create Event form.
- Complete the fields in the form. Fields are described below.
Field Description Title Enter an event title. Enable RSVPs Indicate whether you want to use the RSVP feature. If you turn the feature On, you will be asked to enter an event capacity. If capacity is unlimited, enter 0 (zero). Description Type an event description. All Day Event If this is an all-day event, toggle this option On. Start and End Date/Time As required, indicate the event's start and end dates and times. Event Contact Information Type the event contact's name, email, and phone number in the fields provided. Event Location Information Type the event's address, city, state, and ZIP code in the fields provided. Note that a ZIP code is required.
- Click Create Event.
To edit an existing event:
- In your agency manager view, click Events. You'll see all of your agency's existing events displayed in a table under Manage Events.
Note: Expired (past) events are shown in faded text.
- Click on an event to edit it (or click the Edit link beneath the event title.)
- After making your changes, click Update Event.
When an event is deactivated, it is no longer displayed on your site, and volunteers can no longer RSVP to it, even if the RSVP option was activated.
To deactivate an event:
- In the agency manager view, click Events. You'll see all of your agency's existing events displayed in a table under Manage Events.
- Mark the box to the left of each event you want to deactivate.
- Click on the "trash can" icon in the Actions row above the table.
- Click Yes to confirm that you are deactivating the event.
Note: Currently, a deactivated event cannot be reactivated. You can "reactivate" an event by editing it and re-submitting it, but we don't recommend doing this, particularly if it is the RSVP feature is being used.
This video walks you through the basics of posting both events and needs in Get Connected.