This article applies to all Connect site administrators.
Site Managers can create special labels, or tags, that agency managers can apply to their own agencies and needs. These special labels, called clusters, are a level of categorization beyond the 32 available interests and causes. With clusters, Site Managers can feature agencies and needs that meet criteria not specified in the standard interests and causes.
Note: When searching for needs and agencies, volunteers can filter by cluster name by selecting the Phrase filter and entering the name.
This article covers the following topics:
- Clusters: Agency Manager's Point of View (shows how an agency manager selects clusters in edit mode)
- Adding Clusters
- Deleting a Cluster
- Sharing Clustered Items
Before looking at how clusters operate from a Site Manager standpoint, it might help to see what clusters look like to an agency manager.
If agency clusters have been added in the manager panel, then a Clusters dropdown will be visible in the agency's profile-editing area, right after the Causes field.
An agency may select one or more options from the Clusters dropdown.
A Clusters dropdown is also available in the needs-posting area, right after Interests & Abilities. An agency manager may select one or more options from the Clusters dropdown.
The items in each Clusters dropdown are established in the Manager Panel. To add a cluster:
- From your Manager Panel, go to Volunteerism > Agencies to add an agency cluster, or to Volunteerism > Needs to add a need cluster.
- Click the applicable Clusters item.
- Enter a cluster name, and then click Add New Cluster to add it.
Note: A cluster name should consist of letters, numbers, or a combination of both. It can include spaces but should not include special characters such as ampersands (&) and hashtags (#).
- Repeat the process for additional clusters. Added clusters will be shown in the Clusters table.
Note that you can see how many agencies (or needs) have been assigned a particular cluster.
To delete a cluster:
- From your Manager Panel, go to Volunteerism > Agencies or to Volunteerism > Needs, as applicable.
- Click delete in the row of the cluster to delete.
Note: Once you have deleted the cluster, it will no longer be assigned to any need or agency. Any links associated with the delete cluster will no longer work.
Once you've established your clusters and agencies have selected them, you can share agencies or needs that share the same cluster. These can be shared on the Dashboard via spotlights or the image rotator. Alternately, you can share links to clustered items via social media, newsletters, and email.
To share clustered agencies or needs:
- From your Manager Panel, go to Volunteerism > Agencies or to Volunteerism > Needs, as applicable. Note that each cluster has an associated number under the Agencies or Needs column, as applicable.
This number indicates how many needs or agencies are within that cluster.
- Click on the number for the cluster you wish to share. A new page shows only those agencies or needs that are associated with the cluster.
- Copy the link from the address bar onto your clipboard.
Once you have that link, you can paste it into your social media posts, newsletter, email blast, etc.