Developed in collaboration with coastal United Way offices and a state-level commission tasked with disaster-relief support, the Disaster Response Module (DRM) is available as an add-on to the Get Connected volunteer platform.
The DRM's purpose is to facilitate volunteer management in time of a disaster by providing an on-demand “digital command center” within your Get Connected platform.
This article covers the following topics:
Before deactivating the module, it's a good idea to reach out to the hardworking volunteers who helped respond to the disaster and thank them for their work.
To reach out to those volunteers:
- From your admin panel, go to Communication > Email Blast.
- Click User Filter to open the user filter.
- Run a search on Disaster Response > Any responses > users who have responded to any DRM need and click Submit.
- Complete all applicable fields; see this article on the Email Blast tool for more information.
- Click Send Email Blast.
To view which emails were successfully delivered, which were opened, which may have been flagged as spam, etc., go to Communication > Email Stats.
Note: Keep in mind that stats change over time messages are delivered, recipients open them, etc. The stats you see five minutes after sending the email will differ from the stats you'll see 24 hours later.
To deactivate the DRM:
- From your admin panel, go to Modules > Disaster Response.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Deactivate Disaster Module button.
Once the module is deactivated, the red button is replaced by the green Activate Disaster Module button. An email is sent to the Galaxy Digital Customer Care team to let them know that your module is no longer activated.