You can use Get Connected's "Clone Need" feature to post multiple needs that are very similar. This feature is particularly useful when:
- You have different needs occurring at the same location
- You have the same need occurring at different locations (such as a Reading Buddies event occurring at different library branches)
- You want to post a more current version of an expired or inactive need
Note: In the past, the "Clone Need" feature was recommend for posting shift needs. With Opportunity Scheduling for shifts, however, this is no longer necessary. Click here to learn more about posting custom and recurring shift needs with Opportunity Scheduling.
The instructions below explain how to clone an existing need, in the following steps:
To create a need:
- Go to your agency manager view and click the Needs tab.
Click Add New Need on the right-hand side of the screen to open the Add Need form.
- In the title of your need, indicate the shift.
- Enter a need description.
Tip: For "Happens On" and "Runs Until" needs, consider omitting the shift times from the need description so you don't have to update the description for each new shift.
- Fill in the other fields as needed, including the Duration, Need Date, Capacity (if applicable), and Hours fields.
- Click Create Need to save the need.
Note: Click here to learn more about the specific fields in the Add Need form.
Once you've created the base need, you can clone it as many times as necessary, once for each shift you wish to post.
To clone a need:
- Open the need you wish to clone.
- Click Clone Need (located at the bottom of the screen), and then click Yes to confirm.
Get Connected displays the cloned need. This need is identical to the base need, with one difference: The title includes the word "copy" in parentheses.
- Update the title by (1) removing the word "copy" and (2) indicating the new shift. In the above example, your new title might read, "Guest Guides - Afternoon Shift."
- Update the need details as required.
- Click Update Need to save the cloned need.
To clone another need, simply click Clone Need again and repeat the process described above.