This article covers the following questions:
- What is agency contact information?
- Why hide the contact information?
- How do I hide contact information?
Note: Hiding agency contact information is optional; it is up to you, the site manager, to decide whether agency contact information should be displayed on your organization's Get Connected platform.
It seems like a simple question, but there are actually two types of agency contacts for a Get Connected agency:
- The agency manager - When someone responds to a need, RSVPs to an event, or submits hours for approval, the agency manager receives a notification message.
Note: The agency manager's name and email address are not displayed on the public site.
- The agency contact person - When creating the agency profile, an agency manager can complete Contact Information fields for email, phone, fax, contact name, and contact title.
By default, the agency contact information is displayed on the agency's profile page.
No automated notifications are sent to the email address provided in the Email field of the Contact Information section.
The main reason some site managers choose to hide the contact information is to encourage users to respond to the agency's needs and events through Get Connected. If there is an email address or phone number readily available, a potential volunteer may decide to contact the agency directly rather than click to respond to the need. As a result, the volunteer's verbal need response may never get recorded in Get Connected, thus making the Get Connected data less dependable. This situation also presents challenges for the agency manager, who must keep track of responses coming in via different channels.
It is up to you, the site manager, to decide whether or not you want to display an agency's contact person, email, phone number, and fax number on the public site.
To hide agency contact information:
- From your site manager panel, Settings > Main Settings.
- Scroll down to the Volunteers heading.
- Under Agency Contact Information, select Hide.
- Click Update Settings.
The agency manager's view of the Contact Information section will now include a message that any contact information entered will be hidden from view on the public site.
Note: This "Hide Contact Information" setting applies to all agencies on your site. It isn't possible at this time to hide contact information for some agencies but not for others.