This article is for Get Connected 1.0 site managers considering an upgrade to the mobile-friendly Get Connected 2.0. It provides some details on the mobile version of Get Connected and explains the BIGGER picture, which is the best part of all: Get Connected got a face lift in 2015! In fact, the mobile version is just one component of an entirely re-designed Get Connected that is available to all of our customers.
The roll-out of the new design (which we call Get Connected 2.0) began in the spring of 2015, and today approximately 80 percent of our clients are using Get Connected 2.0. For clients who haven't upgraded, we've compiled some questions and answers related to the design.
The Internet, and how we use it, has changed drastically in recent years. These changes were a big part of what prompted our redesign in 2015. Here are some details:
- New standards. Thanks to emerging standards for new technology and usability, Internet sites are running faster, looking better, and working easily on a variety of devices. Galaxy is committed to keeping Get Connected in line with best-in-breed software across the Web.
- Mobile compatibility. Many of you have asked for mobile compatibility over the past 12 months, and we knew a best-in-breed redesign would get us there. We couldn't be more excited about offering you and your communities a way to interact with Get Connected via smartphones, tablets, and similar devices!
- Easier engagement. Get Connected has been uniquely designed to drive volunteerism, making it even easier for volunteers and agencies to connect. Volunteers who come to your more intuitive Get Connected site will know immediately how to choose a path and get involved.
Overall, Get Connected 2.0 is a better, more focused, and more powerful tool for you and your community.
While the two platforms have the same focus of engaging the community and driving volunteerism, there are some big differences:
- Version 2.0 is mobile friendly, making it far easier and more convenient for your volunteers and agencies engage and effect change in your community.
- Version 2.0 offers volunteers a more personal, inviting experience. For example, the platform recommends specific agencies, opportunities, and events based on a volunteer's interests and past volunteer activity. Other volunteer-friendly features include online volunteer check-in to opportunities, easier management of interests, downloadable volunteer "report cards" with slick graphics, and better ways to track and visualize their volunteerism efforts.
- Version 2.0 provides more social "sharing" opportunities via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, and more.
- Version 2.0 has a more focused "About" page. This page, which we've re-named the "Dashboard," makes it even easier for you to share your organization's messaging and mission.
- Version 2.0 offers an enhanced agency management area with even simpler tools for managing agency pages and for tracking and reporting on a page's activity.
- Version 2.0 is updated regularly via our enhancements cycle. We listen to customer feedback and make improvements, releasing the new enhancements approximately every eight weeks.
The mobile component is only available with Get Connecdted 2.0. If you're using the original version of Get Connected (Version 1.0), you'll need to upgrade in order to access the mobile version.
Good news! Moving from 1.0 to 2.0 is free!
If you're eager to learn more about Get Connected 2.0, just let us know. We'll reach out soon with more details on how you can get a complete overview of what the new platform can do for your community. After learning more, you can decide if it's the right time for you to make the move.
You are not required to make the switch at this time, but you should be aware that Galaxy is no longer making improvements to version 1.0 and will eventually discontinue support of it. We feel pretty certain that once you see 2.0, you'll want to dive right in.
Still have questions?
We hope the above information has answered your most immediate and critical questions regarding the roll-out of our new design. If you still have questions, please let us know. We'll update this information page as needed based on the questions we receive.