Note: This article's focus is on the next-generation Service Learning Module (SLM), released by Galaxy Digital in late 2017/early 2018. For information on the old version (Legacy SLM), click here. The SLM is an add-on module and is not part of a standard Connect platform. SLM features are only available to clients who have purchased the module.
Students can be added to an course in the SLM in the following ways:
- By being manually added by a site manager
- By clicking a link provided by a site manager or course instructor (SLM Leader)
This article for SLM Leaders explains how an SLM Leader can access the "join link" for a course.
Note: Students cannot add themselves to a course. They must either be added by a site manager, or they must click the "join link" provided to them.
Accessing the "Join Link"
To access the "join link" for your students:
- Log into your Connect site.
- Select SLM Leader Portal from your profile menu.
Note: Your site manager has the option to override the terms "SLM" and "leader." If your site users different terms, they may not match what is shown in the image above.
- If necessary, select the applicable block (academic period) from the Block dropown, and click Go to view the courses within that block.
- In the Leader Portal table, under the Join Link heading, click the Copy button for the course. (Click image for a larger view.)
This action copies the link to your clipboard. At this point, you can paste the link into an email or post to a course page on your school's learning platform (such as Moodle or Blackboard).
Note: You can also access the course join link from the Roster area of the SLM Leader Portal.
See SLM Leader Guide: The Basics to access more articles for SLM leaders.