This article is for site mangers whose Connect platforms include the Service Learning Module (SLM). It explains what happens when a block is cloned, shows how to clone a block, and provides a list of related articles.
When a block is cloned:
- You have the opportunity to edit the block's title, start date, and end date.
- User groups (courses) assigned to the block are copied to the new block.
- User group leaders (course instructors) are copied with their courses to the new block.
- Students within the user groups are not copied to the new block (since new students will be in the new courses).
- The cloned block is pending until made active.
To clone a block:
- From your site manager panel, go to Volunteerism > User Groups and click the Blocks heading.
- In the Manage Blocks table that is displayed, click on the block you wish to clone. This opens the Update Block form.
- Click the Clone Block button at the bottom of the Update Block form.
- In the new Clone Block form that appears, update the Title, Start Date, and End Date fields as applicable.
- Click Clone Block. The new block is now pending and appears in the Manage Blocks table. (Click on the table for a larger view.)
When you're ready to activate the block, click on the block title, select Active from the Status dropdown, and click Update Block.
Check out these related articles to learn more about using your Connect platform's Service Learning Module.