When you're adding a new need, or when an agency is adding a new need and has the option of selecting qualifications, the need form will include a Qualifications dropdown.
To make it easier to find qualifications in this dropdown, you can set up categories, and then assign qualifications to the applicable categories. This setup can make it easier to find a qualification when posting a need, as shown in this dropdown with categories:
Note: If a qualification does not have an assigned category, it will show up in the list as "Uncategorized."
To set up qualification categories:
- Go to Volunteerism > Qualifications to access your qualifications management area.
- Under the Qualification Categories area, click the Click here link.
The Manage Categories page opens in a new tab.
- In the Add Category field, type the name of the category, as shown in this example.
- Click Add. The category appears in the table of categories on this page.
Once you have saved a qualification category, it will appear in the Qualifications dropdown on the need-posting form.
Note: Qualifications with the Not Required for Need Access or Required to View Any Needs permission levels are for administrative use only and do not appear in the Qualifications dropdown. Click here to learn about qualification permissions.
If this article wasn't what you needed, try these:
- For information on question types in general (for user registration, advanced events, hours-submission and need-response questions, etc.), see the article Collecting Data with Custom Questions.
- For more information on managing qualifications, see Managing Qualifications.
- If you are an agency manager, see Attaching Qualifications to Needs to learn more about using qualifications.
- Volunteers who wish to submit qualifications should go to Qualifying for Volunteer Opportunities.
Click here to view a video on qualification categories.