A question type really refers to the format of the answer you want to receive. There are three main types of answers you can collect for qualifications:
- Volunteer types in an answer
- Volunteer selects an answer from a list
- Volunteer uploads a file
The following question types are available for obtaining volunteer qualification information, either as part of the registration process or in the volunteer profile:
|Small text field||For open-ended questions; user types in a brief answer. Question appears inside the text box.|
|Large text field||For open-ended questions requiring an answer of more than a few words. Question appears above the text box.|
|Dropdown||Options shown in a dropdown list; user can select only one.|
|Radio button||User clicks a round "button" to select an option; can select only one.|
|File Upload||Available for qualifications only; volunteer uploads a file. Click here to learn more.|
Questions are created in the Manage Qualifications area. To access this area, go to your site manager panel and click Volunteerism > Qualifications, and then click to add or edit a qualification.
To create a qualification question:
- Type the text of the question into the Question field.
- Select a question type.
- (Dropdown and radio button fields only) In the Options field that appears, type the options from which the volunteer should select.
- After completing all other fields on the form, click the button to create or update the qualification.
Important: To ensure that your data is uniform, try not to change a question once users have begun entering answers.
More detailed information on this form, and on qualifications in general, is provided in the article Managing Qualifications.
If this article wasn't what you needed, try these:
- For information on question types in general (for user registration, advanced events, hours-submission and need-response questions, etc.), see the article Collecting Data with Custom Questions.
- For more information on managing qualifications, see Managing Qualifications.
- If you are an agency manager, see Attaching Qualifications to Needs to learn more about using qualifications.
- Volunteers who wish to submit qualifications should go to Qualifying for Volunteer Opportunities.